List of World Heritage Sites in Uzbekistan
This is a list of World Heritage Sites in Uzbekistan with properties of cultural and natural heritage in Uzbekistan as inscribed in UNESCO's World Heritage List or as on the country's tentative list. As of 2016, five sites in Uzbekistan are included. In addition to its inscribed sites, Uzbekistan also lists thirty properties on its tentative list.
World Heritage Sites
- Site; named after the World Heritage Committee's official designation
- Location; at city, regional, or provincial level and geocoordinates
- Criteria; as defined by the World Heritage Committee
- Area; in hectares and acres. If available, the size of the buffer zone has been noted as well. A value of zero implies that no data has been published by UNESCO
- Year; during which the site was inscribed to the World Heritage List
- Description; brief information about the site, including reasons for qualifying as an endangered site, if applicable
|Historic Centre of Bukhara||Province of Bukhara||Cultural:
|Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz||Province of Kashkadarya||Cultural:
|240 (590)||2000|| |
|Itchan Kala (Khiva)||Province of Khorezm||Cultural:
|Samarkand – Crossroads of Cultures||Province of Samarkand||Cultural:
|Western Tien-Shan||Province of Tashkent||Natural:
List of properties in the tentative list
In addition to sites inscribed on the World Heritage List, member states can maintain a list of tentative sites that they may consider for nomination. Nominations for the World Heritage List are only accepted if the site was previously listed on the tentative list. The sites, along with the year they were included on the tentative list are:
|Sheikh Mukhtar-Vali Complex||1996|
|Abdulkhan Bandi Dam||2008|
|Historic Centre of Qoqon||2008|
|Siypantosh Rock Paintings||2008|
|Zarautsoy Rock Paintings||2008|
|Bahoutdin Architectural Complex||2008|
|Rabati Malik Caravanserai||2008|
|Mir-Sayid Bakhrom Mausoleum||2008|
|Desert Castles of Ancient Khorezm||2008|
|Minaret in Vobkent||2008|
|Silk Road Sites in Uzbekistan||2010|
- "Uzbek". UNESCO. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "World Heritage List". UNESCO. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
- "The Criteria for Selection". UNESCO. Retrieved 10 September 2011.
- "Bukhara". UNESCO. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "Shakhrisyabz". UNESCO. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "ItchanKala". UNESCO. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "Samarkand". UNESCO. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "TianShan". UNESCO. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "Tentative Lists". UNESCO. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- UNESCO Official page for Tentative list