Pete Davidson (song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Song by Ariana Grande|
|from the album Sweetener|
|Released||August 17, 2018|
"Pete Davidson" is a song by American singer Ariana Grande, from her fourth studio album, Sweetener. It was released through Republic Records on August 17, 2018 through the album. The song was written by Grande, Victoria Monét and its producers Tommy Brown and Charles Anderson. The song is named after Grande's ex-fiancé, comedian Pete Davidson.
– Grande about renaming the track
The song was the last song recorded for Sweetener.
The song was written when Grande and her now ex-fiancé, Pete Davidson, began dating. It was first teased on May 31, 2018, after Grande posted her first picture with Davidson on Instagram with the description: "i thought u into my life 💭 woah ! look at my mind 💡⚡️🙈" which were lyrics to the then-upcoming song. This lyric was a hint of this song. On June 7, 2018, Grande confirmed that recently she recorded an interlude for Sweetener. On June 17, 2018, she posted a snippet of the interlude, then on the same day, confirmed the title "Pete". The song was later renamed to "Pete Davidson".
The song generally received favorable reviews. Neil McCormick in The Daily Telegraph wrote that the song is "utterly gorgeous, a sweet nothing dissolving into blissful oohs." The Irish Times' Louis Bruton said the song "adds a lightness to the record." Brittany Spanos from Rolling Stone said that "Pete Davidson" is "a song that gets the point across with its title alone, she's found her serenity."
However, due to their breakup, Grande did not feature the song on the Sweetener World Tour set list.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||73|
|UK Streaming (Official Charts Company)||55|
|US Billboard Hot 100||99|
- "Breaking Down the Meaning of Ariana Grande's 'Pete Davidson' Lyrics". Elle. August 17, 2018. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- "Ariana Grande on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-11-01.
- "Ariana Grande on Instagram: "i thought u into my life 💭 woah ! look at my mind 💡⚡️🙈"". Instagram. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
- "Ariana Grande Explains Why She Changed 'Pete' Song Title to 'Pete Davidson': 'I Love His Name & I Love Him'". Billboard. Retrieved 2019-06-16.
- "Ariana Grande, Sweetener, review: Out of the dark came sweetness". www.telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
- "Ariana Grande: Sweetener review – Celebrating the art of being okay". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2019-06-16.
- Spanos, Brittany. "Review: Ariana Grande Finds Serenity and Has Some Fun on ' Sweetener'". Rolling Stone. Rolling Stone. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "ARIA Chart Watch #487". auspOp. 25 August 2018. Retrieved 25 August 2018.
- "Ariana Grande Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- "Portuguesecharts.com – Ariana Grande – Pete Davidson". AFP Top 100 Singles. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- "Official Audio Streaming Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved August 1, 2019.
- "Ariana Grande Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
|This 2010s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|