|Born||11 March 1954|
New Delhi, India
The Times Group
|Parent(s)||Indu Jain |
Ashok Kumar Jain
|Relatives||Sahu Ramesh Chandra Jain |
Sahu Shanti Prasad Jain
Samir Jain (born 11 March 1954) is an Indian publisher and the current Vice-Chairman of India's largest media group, Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.. Jain belongs to the Sahu Jain family which owns Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd., the parent company of The Times of India and other large newspapers.
Education and personal life
In 1975 Samir joined the family owned Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. as a junior executive. Over the next 7 years he gained experience and was soon managing the company's media interests while his father Ashok Jain managed the non-publishing parts. By 1982 Samir was vice-chairman and running the entire company as his father pursued by charges of fraud and suffering from a weak heart departed to seek medical treatment in the United States. Samir spent the 1980s remaking Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. (BCCL) into an innovative marketing company. His business proposition to connect sellers of goods to this vast market of consumers. He was the first in media industry to dispense with the post of an Editor.
- Singh, Pragya (3 April 2017). "Samir Jain and the Times group". Outlook. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- Trishla Jain – Artist
- "Trishla Jain's arty evening!". The Times of India. 26 October 2010.
- Dasgupta, Reshmi R (24 October 2010). "Cupcakes & Sunlight: Trishla Jain's artworks – The Economic Times". The Times of India.
- Auletta. Page 55.
- "TOI Online is world's No.1 newspaper websites". The Times of India. 12 July 2009.
- "The Hindu News Update Service". Archived from the original on 12 October 2007. Retrieved 20 June 2009.
- List of newspapers in the World by circulation
- Top 10 English Dailies: Indian Readership Survey (IRS) 2010 — Quarter 1 | Newswatch
- Profile in Forbes magazine
- Info in Business Today
- Times of India controversy
- Infobox Reference
- Samir Jain Profile in India Today
- Brand Capital news
- Auletta, Ken: "Citizens Jain – Why India's Newspaper Industry is Thriving". The New Yorker, 8 October 2012, Pages 52 to 61.
- Subramanian, Samanth : "Supreme Being : How Samir Jain created the modern Indian Newspaper Industry", Caravan Magazine, 1 December 2012.
- Menon Malhan, Sangita P, "The TOI Story: How a Newspaper Changed the Rules of the Game" (2013) HarperCollins India